Hi there! And THANK YOU! for your interest in one of my residential rental listings. Before you move forward with applying, I have a few questions to ask you below. The credit and background check portion of the application is not refundable, so I want to help make sure you have the best shot at being approved. By presenting things the way they’re requested by the landlords and property managers, it offers you a much stronger assurance your application will be considered quickly and with minimal concern on their end.
So let’s begin with the checklist!
1) Have you
contacted me by phone, text or email to ensure the unit is still available, and have you received a positive confirmation from me?
2) Have you seen the unit in person before applying?
3) If not, have you confirmed with me the landlord or property manager will consider your application “sight unseen”?
4) Did you review the listing requirements on the listing to ensure you meet them?
(You can see all of my active listings here.)
5) If you are currently renting, have you given notice to your landlord you intend to move?
6) If you will be introducing a pet or assistance animal to the unit, do you have its recent vaccination records available?
7) If the landlord or property manager approves your application, are you prepared to sign a lease immediately, including having all the monies available as described in the listing?
8) Is everyone else who will be living in the unit, who is 18 years or older, also ready to apply with all points as described above?
9) If you have already discussed with me the need for a cosigner, is that person also ready to apply with all the points as described above?
10) Do you have your photo ID and proof of income ready to be uploaded, preferably in .pdf format?
11) Is your ID clear and easy to read when printed, without any flash or blur, and is your proof of income intact – the way you received it?
12) If you are uploading an alternative form of ID and/or proof of income, have you asked me if what you are sending is acceptable?
*** Oh and just to be certain, as a few folks have made a mistake on this, please note dependants are
other people who would be applying. They are "applicants". Thanks!
I understand and wish to move forward and apply